This morning as I had the back door open to let Sadie in, Sara decided it was an invitation for her to go out. Since she longs to be more of an outdoor kitty than an indoor one. When I went running out in my socks to catch her (not difficult since she usually gets just out the door and then stops as she doesn't know what to do first) I happened to look up and see this...


This cute little dove has decided the perfect place for her nest is apparently in the hanging flower pot on my patio. I don't know how long she has been there and my only complaint will be the resulting bird poo that will end up on my patio but she's so cute there. I walked right past her a couple of times and then walked fairly close up to the planter with my camera to get a pic of her and while she looked a bit alarmed she didn't move at all. I wonder how long before there are babies.
Want to see what the rest of the class is showing today and join in on the fun?? Head on over to Stirrup-Queens and join in!!
20 comments:
Oh My - A dove MUST be a good sign of things to come, right?
Amazing - thanks for sharing.
I love that. It's such a simple thing, but it makes me so happy. When I was on vacation in December, a hummingbird had made its nest in a little piece of rope that they used to hang bananas off the porch where we ate breakfast. It made me indescribably happy to see that little hummingbird nesting every morning, while I had breakfast.
Hopefully, a little of your bird's luck will rub off!
Very, very cool! Hope the dove is the first of many happy surprises to come.
Oh wow, how awesome to have a dove on your porch! You have to post the pictures when she has those babies. Have you been able to hear her cooing at all?
oooh!!! That is very cool. Clearly you are an awesome host- I hope the dove brings you some good mojo!
xo
Birds are so meaningful to me. I love it when one takes nest in my garden- it seems like this is a good sign of things (new life?) to come! :)
Wow, a dove right there! I've never seen them so close to a house before. Definitely a happy image to keep in one's mind. :)
That's awesome- I hope she has babies and you can show us pictures!
Oh, I love the pic of your new "friend". We stayed at a house rental in New Braunfels, TX one time and we had a little dove like that sitting in a terracotta plant just like that. She was such a good mama to her eggs. She didn't flinch a bit!
I'm with everyone else in hoping she brings you much luck!
Awwww, that's so sweet! Hope it's a sign for you. :)
Great! You will have issues with the droppings though!
In the past two years...I have had pigeons making a home in my home twice!
A dove! How amazing! I've just begun to really appreciate birds since we hung a feeder on our back deck. Now I watch them every morning over breakfast, and have names for a few of the regulars (like the enormously large cardinal, "Fatty C"!). Enjoy your new neighbor. :)
It is nice to have such a great reminder of love and fertility on your door step. Hoping the best for you always.
I agree with the others that she seems to be a harbinger of good fortune.
Let's hope!
Awww she's so cute!
That is so cool! I hope her nesty vibes work some magic for you.
How cool...I would worry about the bird poo too. But doves are such lovely birds compared to so many others!
EVE
How sweet! And even better that you can track her progress through the window.
oooo How cute!!
Amazing how she let you photograph her :-).
A dove how cool!
Post a Comment